February 24, 2013

Pulling Rank and "Gamification"


Stellar: PM message from LL says I now have a rank. Three words did it.

Laetizia Coronet: You now have the rank smell of "gamification", Honored Resident. :/

Stellar: OMG, it's so funny! I posted exactly three times*, and each time I got a PM from LL telling me I had a new "rank"?!
1) Your new rank is Resident
2) Recognized Resident
3) Honored Resident
*Does some math* At this rate, if I get busy, I figure I could be president by next week!

Laetizia Coronet: The best you can do is Helper I think. This entails forgetting all about your real life and spending day and night here...

Griffin: That's supposed to be a dig at me, Stellar, in case you missed it. (Yeah, REALLY lame, but I've come to expect it.) ETA: Meanwhile, Tish's friend there is the one that is actually gaming the system. But she's stuck on Advisor. (refers to baby Kranfel, who gives kudos to her main, DQ Darwin)

Stellar: Helper? Aw, hell. I don't wanna help on this forum. : (
Plus, I'm supposed to be inworld building. Damn you, LL, for getting my hopes up! *shakes fist into the ethernet!*

Griffin: Yes, some people actually do help other people here. Others... they just bring their butthurt here.

Laetizia Coronet: It's all about you, isn't it.

Griffin: Word. ETA: If you weren't speaking of me, Tish, then who? Marigold?

Laetizia Coronet: I was speaking of helpers in general. As is clear from the signature line I use, I don't like this rank system at all. I never have. Maybe it's hard for you to understand that my life isn't actually about you, but it isn't.

Griffin: Oh, so you feel that Helpers in general "forget... all about [their] real life and spend... day and night here." Good to know. And people (including some Helpers; you know... the people that "forget... all about [their] real life and spend... day and night here.") have asked LL to do away with it. Then why do I get the impresssion that you're dogging me here?

Laetizia Coronet: You started reacting to me. I'm only replying. So who's dogging now?

Griffin: Well, let's see. Here I am posting to this thread since yesterday evening. I'm one of two Helpers who had been posting here before your now famous "forgetting all about your real life and spending day and night here..." You don't appear to have any issues with Marigold, but you do have issues with me. So, who could you possibly be talking about, hmmm? In addition, you and baby both seem to be active in a lot of threads that i've been posting to lately. Coincidence? Don't bother answering that. Rhetorical. BTW. I thought you didn't want to speak to me any further? Funny way of showing it.

Laetizia Coronet: So you start talking to me and then you complain about me replying. I guess I don't even have to tell you what could have avoided my "dogging" you, do I?

Griffin: Um. I "replied" to one of your posts, but it was clearly directed at Stellar.





No comments:

Post a Comment