March 04, 2013

I'll just leave these here...

... and after you've read them (IF you bother to read them), you can get back to your continued screeching and finger-pointing, your conflating of issues, and your removal from friends lists of people who have opinions that differ from your own.

Take Back Valentine's Day!

One Billion Rising: The Ladies’ Movement That Smells Like Kony 2012


The Best Valentine's Day Gift for College Students: Gender Reconciliation


Why I Won't Support One Billion Rising


Blaming Men Doesn’t Stop Domestic Violence


Happy Valentine's Day



Have a nice day.

(Yeah, I'm a little late to the party, but I'm still hearing about fallout. You people should be soooooo proud of yourselves.)

2 comments:

  1. "The Vagina Monologues". I can't even think of the mockery coming from the radical feminists about the insecurity and making snarky remarks about small sizes, if the title had been "The Penis Monologues". Do they hear themselves?

    I'm going through all the links, I've read the two first at the moment. Before reading "Blaming Men Doesn't Stop Domestic Violence", I will say I agree with the title. It's something I've talked about informally, with friends. *Current* men can't be blamed for what has been done in the past, but then, if we blame all of them, those that haven't done a thing will feel attacked and not too eager to help, and those that have some blame, will not feel as to listen also.

    I thought that was very basic about how humans are, but either it's a mystery, or we really don't think on the consequences when we start a blame-rage.

    Anyway, thanks for the links, it's good to have more different views to add to the debate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Blaming Men..." and two of the others are written by men's rights advocates. Anything they have to say will surely be written off as more "misogynist whining" for "the good old days".

      I was going to also include some links to Betty Dodson's blog (which I'll now add below). She has a lot to say about the Vagina Monologues, Eve Ensler, and how "feminists think women have cornered the market on being victimized by violence".

      Of course, some of the people that this post is directed at may never see it. If by some chance they do, I doubt they'll click the links or ponder the possibility that their words and/or actions might be alienating some of their _best_ allies.

      http://dodsonandross.com/sexfeature/bettys-response-vagina-monologues

      http://dodsonandross.com/sexfeature/feminism-bound

      http://dodsonandross.com/essay/bagels-betty

      Delete